When looking for design inspiration online, most students go to Pinterest and that’s all. For fresh designs to pin to your yearbook staff’s board, explore sites* where designers hang out.
- Behance is a free online platform to “showcase & discover creative work.” As members, designers create portfolios of their work to share. Galleries showcase creative work from professionals and students.
- Dribbble is a show and tell site for designers. Web designers, graphic designers, illustrators, icon artists, typographers, logo designers, and other creative types share small screenshots that show their work, process, and current projects.
- Color.Adobe Create color schemes with the color wheel or browse thousands of color combinations.
- Hypefortype is the UK’s biggest online font shop, offering over 20,000 handcrafted fonts. Not sure what fonts you’re looking for? Narrow your search by browsing Hypefortype.
- Fontli is a social network for “typoholics.” They share their passion for typography through pictures taken from mobile devices.
*h/t to Stephen Williams, aka The Cover Artist.