National Buy Your Yearbook Day is the perfect time to focus specifically on yearbook sales. Schools across the country join together in a coordinated effort to build excitement about the book and encourage sales.
This year’s National Buy Your Yearbook Day is Wednesday, October 25th.
Here are fun ideas for how to get creative and sell books:
- -Plaster the school with signs, banners and flyers promoting NBYYD and yearbook sales.
- -Wrap slips around the candy in the vending machines or at the concession stand that have the yearbook price and where to buy.
- -Offer a “special” to students buying on NBYYD. Consider complimentary nameplates/name stamping or a discounted price. Remind everyone the special deal is for this one day only to promote a sense of urgency to buy.
- -Promote the sale with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts in the weeks before. Throughout the day on the 25th, remind people about the sale and feature students buying their books.
- -Give an inexpensive piece of candy with on-campus orders with a message saying “Thanks for being so sweet and buying your yearbook!”
We’re holding contests and awarding prizes every hour to staffs with the best sales techniques, selling ideas and overall enthusiasm for NBYYD. Share anything that captures the yearbook’s place in your community: your yearbook staff space, staff antics or fun, unusual sales campaigns or promotions – anything that shows what being a part of the yearbook staff means to you.